Sunday, February 28, 2010

Gossiping can affect relationshps

We gossip if not everyday then every other day. When asked about gossip and how it relates to relationships, some would say that it's an integral part in hurting a relationship. Angel Ellis, a mother of three and journalist said "Gossip can cause friction in relationships that have trust issues." Some would agree with how Angel puts it.
Daniel King, an agricultural business/pre-law major from Oklahoma State University said "Gossip to me is discussing the minor flasws that someone may have while ignoring the positive qualities that person may bring. King continues, "When I discover someone gossiping, I begin to not trust that person because I fell like anything I say is not secretive."
King may be right. Gossip is really detailing information about someone, mostly about their bad qualities. It seems that gossip can sometimes make a relationship. Don't you like to meet new people who gossip about someone you know and you instantly feel a connection with them?

2 comments:

  1. As your editorial support staff, Ruth pointed out that you have a few typos. "beging" "somoene" "flasws" and "I fell like" are not acceptable. Other than that, I like the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, Lee - busted on the grammar. I know you are running through everything going on in your life, but stop and check your work over and over again.

    My comments: Watch out for the "some"s in your writing. Be more direct and clear. Also, more factual. What is the dictionary definition of gossip? What kind of journalist is Ellis? Who does she work for? How many children does she have? What ages? Why is King your expert on gossip? The story will be stronger when you find someone in communication studies who IS an expert on human expression and can talk about gossip from a different perspective. BTW, it does not need to be biting criticism. I had a friend who said gossip is free entertainment. It can be funny, amusing, unique aspects of relationships in social circles.

    In short, I am pushing you to make your blog posts more in line with journalism and less about your assumptions and perspectives. I know you can do it!

    See you next week on the blog Lee,
    julie

    ReplyDelete